* The Target Information Technology Incubator is located within the Target Technology Center in Orono, Maine. The facility provides a superior environment for information technology development and commercialization activities.
* In addition to the Incubator, the facility houses University of Maine researchers and private sector technology firms, providing them with the space, support services, and resources they need to be successful.
Physical space: Shared office services, access to equipment, meeting space, flexible leases and expandable space – typically all under one roof.
Services: Hands-on management assistance, access to financing and orchestrated exposure to critical business or technical support services.
Types of Incubators:
40% of incubators are technology focused;
30% are mixed use, accepting a wide variety of clients;
* Tenants pay monthly rate for access to workspace and other resources.
Tenant companies benefit from:
• A professional office environment that provides the necessary tools to operate a successful business.
• Access to the necessary resources and experts to allow the business to develop and grow.
• On-going training opportunities targeted to the needs of tenant companies.
• On-site staff whose first priority is to ensure the success of tenant companies.
• Close association with University of Maine research and access to UMaine resources to provide R&D and commercialization assistance.
• Public relations and marketing opportunities resulting from the companies' association with the Incubator.